Saturday, August 1, 2009

Denny's Rest. and Customer Service

Geeez, just went to Denny's Restaurant on 20th west in Lancaster. I have been there maybe 7 times in three years. What a lousy place to get service!!! My hot tea was cold before the Grand Slam was delivered. The toast was room temp and no jelly packs. Water was delivered after the meal was brought also at room temp.
While we were eating a large gentlemen came in, met with a family with children who were of primary grade age, and started dropping the 'f' bomb as an expressive descriptive to the term 'niggah'. He actually continued in this theme until he exited to the parking lot.
When I discussed my final bill with the management, my answer to his inquiry was as described above. I, as well, commented on the lack of management response to provide a comfortable atmosphere while the a fore mentioned gentleman was exercising his freedom of speech. I made comment that on previous occasions mgt. has always failed at approaching disruptive patrons.

The managers only comment? He didn't hear it.

1 comment:

  1. Let me first say that having worked in the food business for some 20 years, 10 of that being a manager, you walk a very fine line when dealing with patrons that exercise their freedom of speech. While working at one of the resturants I had a lady verably abusing one of her children, went over asked if she could take it outside. This started a 40 minute explosive verbal attack agaisnt me the resturant the patrons. The sheriff came that settled it until we got called by her lawyer.
    Lets just say we didnt win and once again bad behavior from a adult was rewarded.

    ReplyDelete