Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good Dads and Child Support

I have talked to three mom's this week who said their ex's were great 'dads' to the children. I ask them how the visitations and custody exchanges go, they reply 'a little hard' on the kids. Then I begin to ask 'Why'. Dad's don't see them very often or when we do we get into fights. 'Are they paying their child support?' I ask them. No, but they are great with the kids when they see them.

I know another mom who lived with a guy since the kids were in diapers, they are now early teens. This dad may not be the 'bio' dad, yet there is the emotional connection. He raised them from babes, he is their role model (a sad one it turns out).

This morning I was talking to a younger mom (younger than me) who said 'he is good with the kids'. When I asked how it is going, 'well a little hard to drop the girls off Friday', she replied. 'He just bought a new house for he and his girlfriend, with the inheritance from his grandmother. He let the condo go, so I am now in subsidized apartment with the kids.'

When queried regarding the CHILD SUPPORT she echoed his standard answer, 'he can not afford it, tho he helps when he can!'

I am going on record right now, THAT IS BS!!!!!!!!! A dad has every responsibility to pay that child support. If it is too much show the court why! If it is because he wants to go out and buy new houses, motorcycles, boats and cars so he can go play with younger women with out the stretch marks, he doesn't deserve it!!!!

Mom's need to stand up for these kids!!! Screw these deadbeats!!!!!!! Protecting children is more than shooting dogs! Protecting them is making sure these men live up to their obligations!!!!!! Quite being so nice! Mom's that do this are only hurting their children's future by stifling what is truly belonging to these children!!!

I heard on the Tom Leykis show several years ago the state of Washington has a law for men and children who have a 'father/child' relationship. Meaning if you have raised the kids, you pay.
(This is to be treated as hearsay, the reader should check this out for themselves. I am not an attorney. I am a Realtor hence the disclosure).

If the parents have fallen out of respect and 'love', so be it. However, the kids shouldn't have to suffer while daddy goes out and plays with the younger model!!!!!!

Our society is in disarray enough without men walking out on their responsibilities.



No comments:

Post a Comment