Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What is a Mason

My father is a Mason, My uncle is a Mason, My grandfather was a mason. When asked if I am a Mason, I answer 'I am'.

Information exists out there proffered by well meaning people, and yet much mis-informnation still exists.

When we meet, it is not for the consumption of alcohol. You will not find a bar or even a liquor cabinet in one. We meet for the purpose of service and improvement.
Improvement and learning for our brothers and ourselves. Service to G-d, our neighbor, to each other and ourselves. No less, service to our community.

This was passed on to me by my father before he went through his radiation and chemo.

A Mason

A
Mason is a man who professes a faith in G-d. As a man of faith, he uses the tools of moral and ethical truths to serve mankind.

A Mason binds himself to like-minded men in a brotherhood that transcends all religious, ethnic, social, cultural, and educational differences.

In fellowship with his brothers, a Mason, finds ways in which to serve his G-d, his family, his fellow man, and his country.

A Mason is dedicated. He recognizes his responsibility for justice, truth, charity, enlightenment, freedom, liberty, honesty, and integrity in all aspects of human endeavor.

A Mason is all this and more.

Distributed by Rough Ashlar Lodge, Kingman AZ.

There are four Lodges within the Valley of the Antelope. Palmdale, Lancaster, Rosamond and Prince Hall (in Lancaster)

No comments:

Post a Comment