Monday, September 21, 2009

The Lost Symbol

I am not really a reader, yet Dan Brown's book kept me enthralled. From the first phone call to the final climactic end I was kept guessing as to who the 'villain' was. The interweaving of characters and their success and/or demise was at times quite empathizing.
The question in various forms 'What am I doing here' showed the fear and frustration of the characters in a very real fashion.
Descriptions of locations and of ambience were quite sensory.
I enjoyed the author's storytelling of the different symbols and 'myths' behind them. The consipiratorial aspect of the theme was, as well.
No, I did not read the end before the story was finished. Wanted to, yet ...
I am not going to tell the end either, for it is not a secret. As with the 'secrets' of FreeMasonry, I'll not tell you. However, the answer is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment